Thursday, September 06, 2007

I love my job

Photographer Matt Mendelsohn has a piece in the Washington Post Magazine that gives us the inside scoop on what it's like to be a wedding photographer and what motivates one man to photograph the same story over and over again. I related with this article in so many ways.

'I witness acts of incredible tenderness -- a bride quietly pinning a photo of her mother who died of breast cancer into her dress; acts of incredible joy -- just about any father dancing with his daughter; and acts of questionable sanity -- a group of adult groomsmen allowing an 8-year-old to pilot a golf cart into a lake comes to mind. And each Sunday morning around 2 o'clock, as I collapse into bed after another wedding, I'm convinced that I must be part of some kind of clinical trial, with no end date in sight.' — Matt Mendelsohn


I love my job!!!!


Here are a few more photos from the wedding I photographed Sunday....

I loved working with these two Sunday. They were so much fun, and their love for each other and all people was so overwhelming. I cannot wait to share all their photos with them.






Are they not the cutest couple ever?



No comments: